Overlooked Early Pregnancy Signs and SymptomsUncategorized
Pregnancy can be an exciting time in a woman's life. For prospective mothers, there are several early signs that are easily overlooked. Here a list of some common and not-so-common signs from the experts at the office of John A. White, M.D. Obstetrics and Gynecology, LLC.
- Missed period - This is, of course, the most obvious sign, but for women with irregular cycles, this is not always a clear indication of pregnancy.
- Swelling and bloating - While this is also a sign of premenstrual syndrome, women who experience this longer than usual may be pregnant.
- Sensitive breasts - Again, this is a common sign of premenstrual syndrome, but if it lasts longer that normal and is more painful than usual you may be pregnant.
- Nausea - Some women are lucky enough to not experience nausea, but it is most common in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Sensitivities - This can include a variety of unusual changes to your body. For instance, the smell of a favorite food suddenly makes you sick to your stomach or your gums are more sensitive to flossing or to hot and cold liquids.
- The Mask of Pregnancy - An older method of early detection, the mask refers to red or brown blotches that appear on the cheeks giving the faint appearance of butterfly wings.
- Tiredness - Women who are usually full of energy from dawn to dusk will suddenly find themselves needing frequent naps throughout the day and often sleep more soundly at night.
Carefully monitoring your body through the use of an ovulation calendar or symptom journal can help you better determine if any of these signs will pertain to you. For more information, it is never too early to consult your local OBGYN.